• Pinterest
  • Instagram!
  • Subcribe to RSS Feed

Sunday, May 11, 2014

Mother's Day...

4:13 AM // by Unknown // , // No comments

Today is Mother's Day for me (in Australia)...my first Mother's Day! And I'm lucky enough to have my mum here staying with us this year as well...pavlova is cooking in the oven to celebrate of course! (Don't worry, I had no hand in it so it should be okay)

So just a quick post to mark this day and all the joy our little guy has brought us in the last six months. Whoever said your life is over once you have kids, couldn't have been more wrong. In many ways it feels like life is just beginning! The days of cafes, vodka shots and dancing till your feet hurt aren't over, they just have to be more carefully planned..and let's face it at 30-something, we don't want to dance till our feet hurt too often anyway, with or without a child to think about. I'm reminded of how often in recent years me and the girls have walked right past that loud club to the cosy looking cafe nearby and settled in for a steaming hot cup of tea and good old gossip fest.

Okay so, things that currently cause me to go all gooey inside...seeing O's eyes light up just before his mouth cracks a killer smile, how he looks at me with such excitement in his eyes when his Papi is making him laugh...it's like he's saying 'my goodness mama, can't you see how funny this guy is?!', that moment right before he sleeps when he curls his face into a blanket and, my morning 7.40am alarm clock of uncontrollable smiles.

Here's some of my favourite pics of late...and to all the yummy mummies out there, Happy Mother's Day! And to all the lovely couple's out there I know that want more than anything, their own pint-sized alarm clock, but for whatever reason haven't been able to just yet - my thoughts and hopes are with you today as well.







0 comments:

Post a Comment