• Pinterest
  • Instagram!
  • Subcribe to RSS Feed

Thursday, January 16, 2014

Half a kilo – BOOM!


I’m not sure yet if it’s a fluke or if the somewhat limited restraint I showed in the past week has actually paid off but in my first official weekly weigh in I have scored a loss of half a kilo. Keep in mind I’m feeding another person so I’m not actually allowed to lose more than one kilo a week if I want to keep producing that prize winning milk that has Orión already wearing a jacket for a six month old!
I have to admit to a couple of little fails during the week; one being the pack of salt and vinegar chips brought into the house by my visiting little brother. He is also to be held responsible for the half a pack of cookies I consumed last night. Well, he’s now gone back to Australia so I can’t blame him in the weeks to come but I’m sure these little mishaps will continue as I just plain love food.  
The plan to lose 10kgs is essentially this - follow the eating regime of breakfast like a king, lunch like a prince, and dinner like a pauper and try to avoid any of the naughty foods as much as possible, especially when it comes to snacking. Then, to take a walk each day, toting my latest fashion accessory, the stroller, of course. My downfall here is that while I have been going for a walk more or less every day, I find myself stopping in the various café’s along the water to sit back and relax with a book or stare at the ocean instead. Nonetheless, the walk to the café is a tick on my list. Then there is the five mile run I do each day…well not literally but it’s supposedly estimated that a woman can burn as much as 500 calories a day breastfeeding, so an easy win for me there.
My husband Alvaro and I are thinking of taking up the sport of paddle once a week…I’ll let you know once/if we achieve this. We have been known to be all talk when it comes to fitness. In the meantime I’ve scheduled for us to do one kind of extra activity aside from the walking each week. A run, a swim or a bike ride for example. Alvaro has run twice this week and I have, well I haven’t done anything extra but let’s see what next week brings on that front. If all else fails we are taking a friend on a wine tour and that’s bound to involve a lot of walking right?
The first goal is to fit into the dress in the photo. It's on our wedding day at 12 weeks pregnant and the goal is to wear this to dinner when we celebrate our first anniversary this April. To be honest I'm not sure if I'll meet this goal so I was hesitant to post it which means I'll need all of your support to get there. The weigh in is every Thursday. I have to create a sort of reality TV experience for myself or I just won’t stick to any of this. What happened to the days of being able to eat whatever you liked, do literally no exercise at all and just stay the same? I actually used to start each day with a Mars bar and coke before I swiftly moved on to a hot dog and caramel slice for lunch. Memories.

For those wondering if any more of my wardrobe fits yet, the answer is still a resounding no. I tried three pairs of pre-pregnancy jeans on this week to no avail and even wore one around without the button done-up just to cheer myself up. I will say this about maternity jeans though, they are heaven to wear and thank God for ASOS and Top Shop for bringing out ranges that actually resemble wardrobe normality rather than the awful outfits of the pregnant lady past.



1 comment:

  1. brilliant! keep up the good work ree
    -steve

    ReplyDelete