• Pinterest
  • Instagram!
  • Subcribe to RSS Feed

Tuesday, April 1, 2014

Dreams Cafe & Restaurant - Best Cafes in Lanzarote

8:57 AM // by Unknown // , // 1 comment

Since so many English make their way to Lanzarote to indulge in a touch of sunshine I thought it only right I make known some of the best spots to eat, drink and play. I live in Puerto del Carmen so my options will often stick to that area but as fate would have it, it's also the area most tourists shack up in so we're good! Okay so first up cafes...there are plenty of bad ones to avoid but I won't name and shame, instead I'll point you in the right direction. Since I'm a mum now, I've learned just how important kid-friendly spaces are to find so I'll let the parents know the low-down on any places I mention.

 First up is...

Dreams Cafe & Restaurant, Avenida de las Playas 10, Puerto del Carmen (next to La Ola!)
I'm sitting in this cafe as I type as I frequent here a couple of times a week. It's Arabian inspired and full of comfy chairs, bright colours, an amazing view and genuinely nice staff! It's at the top of my list for a coffee, milkshake, beer, champagne, breakfast or snack.I haven't eaten dinner here but have snacked on a friends calamari which she ordered by "accident" and it left me wanting more. It's a place I bring every visitor and often spend a few hours reading while Orion sleeps or playing with him in the big colourful cushions. The cafe next door - La Ola, is the most well known in the area and for good reason but I prefer it's partner, Dreams.

Best for: breakfast with a view, coffee dates, a good cold beer in the afternoon, milkshakes and sorbet

Try to avoid: ordering too much...it is a little more pricey than it's neighbours

For little feet? 5/5! High chairs in abundance, colour everywhere to keep little eyes happy but the best thing...a whole room set up for changing! What a difference it makes to not have to awkwardly crouch down or balance your baby on something to change them. (See my little guy in pic below)





1 comment:

  1. I´m not agree about the milkshake, too far to be good!!! All the rest truly truth

    ReplyDelete