• Pinterest
  • Instagram!
  • Subcribe to RSS Feed

Tuesday, March 11, 2014

Breastpads and Earl Grey Tea



If you had of asked me if I wanted anything from London a few years ago I doubt my response would have been for breastpads and Earl Grey tea! Think about all the wonderful things I could get from London…oh how the times have changed. As friends and family come to visit us here in Lanzarote they inevitably ask if we would like them to bring us any treats and it turns out these two items are the only two I am desperate for.
The breast pads because they are insanely, stupidly expensive here and the tea because we haven’t been able to track it down and if we ever did, I’m sure it too would be a ludicrous price.  All that to say that I think it’s quite funny how priorities change in the different seasons of life.
So as I have noted my change in requests from London it makes me think that I have to be careful to not become a person that loses touch with the things that I loved before this new (amazing!) season began. Just because I have a baby now doesn’t mean I forget my own wardrobe while I’m funnelling all my attention on making him look cute. No, mum’s and dad’s there is no need to forget our own hopes and desires. Actually I think it’s really important FOR my son that I don’t neglect these things because more than anything I am one of the most important role models he has in life. I want him to see me enjoying things and people, feeling good about myself and finding joy in discovering new things. And yes, he should know that his mother loves the spa and deserves to be pampered there…OFTEN.
Lots of days I have big bags under my eyes from lack of sleep the night before and here on the island makeup melts off your face so there’s no quick cover up option but I am slowly getting myself back into shape post baby and the sunshine days have given me a tone I couldn’t paint on.  And so to further aid my commitment to being “young”, free and in love (with my two guys now),  I have made an executive decision to chop my hair short! I’ll post a pic of the result whether it’s good or bad…it’s only hair – it will grow back. And next time someone asks me what I want from London I will consider something a little more exciting than breastpads and tea. 

0 comments:

Post a Comment