• Pinterest
  • Instagram!
  • Subcribe to RSS Feed

Tuesday, February 11, 2014

If the jeans fit…


And yes, the jeans fit! There were celebrations in our house recently when my weekly attempt to squeeze into my pre-pregnancy jeans surprisingly didn’t end in its usual whimper. They are a little snug but more than comfortable and the biggest surprise was that they fit in a week that I had actually gained weight. Not sure how that is possible but I am pleased to say I’ve since lost that little extra and an incey bit more leaving me with 7.5 of the 10kg to go.  A self-congratulatory pat on the back for me. Here's a reminder of what we're coming back from.

 
Following my last post on shedding the kilos, a friend introduced me to the seven minute workout. Let’s just call it the six and a half minute workout because on what planet someone expects me to be able to do a side plank I do not know. It’s only 30 seconds per exercise (supposed to be done at high energy) and you would be surprised just how long 30 seconds can actually last. So I’ve only done it twice because the effort to get into my gym clothes takes at least another seven minutes. This is the challenge of the breastfeeding mother – how to do exercise when you are weighed down and puffed up with all that milk? I nearly suffocated myself trying to squeeze into my gym top. Not actually kidding.
I am the kind of person that needs to constantly invent little games or tricks to keep myself motivated so I will now embark on the monthly challenge. It’s currently fizz-free February meaning no soft drinks or even alcohol free beer – anything with the fizz is out. It will be a Munchie-Free March which will be my hardest challenge given my penchant for all things sweet and choclately and all this will lead up to Active April. Anyone wanting to join me in this madness, please do!

0 comments:

Post a Comment