• Pinterest
  • Instagram!
  • Subcribe to RSS Feed

Sunday, January 10, 2016

Mine, mine, mine!

8:04 AM // by Unknown // No comments

Talking to a two year old is a fun but confusing experience. They lack so much of the vocabulary they need to communicate the big feelings and ideas they have. 


A few weeks ago my little wolf was lying next to me taking his time to go to sleep for the night. In a moment he sat up and started tugging on my pillow saying 'mine, mine, mine!'. 

What did he mean? 

Scenario 1: 
Wolfie: "I don't want to sleep, I'm basically just taking the piss right now to annoy you"
Me: "No more games, you are now seriously pushing the limits"

Scenario 2: 
Wolfie: "I'm a bit uncomfortable, maybe if I change pillows I will be able to sleep better"
Me: "Okay, you can have my pillow if it will help you sleep" 

Scenario 3: 
Wolfie: "I love you mummy and tonight you can sleep with my special Pluto pillow so let's swap pillows"
Me: "My little love, you are very generous sharing your special pillow with me!"

"Mine, mine, mine!" - which conclusion should I jump to? Either my son is being incredibly generous or seeking to manipulate me in the last moments before he enters dreamland. Or actually maybe the kid is just uncomfortable. 

Whatever the scenario, chances are his limited vocabulary at this age will lead him to declare "mine, mine, mine!". 

I did give him my pillow...I'm still not sure what his reasons were but i do know I got the joy of resting my head on the special Pluto pillow that night. 

I like the idea of giving everyone the benefit of the doubt...especially your most treasured ones. 




0 comments:

Post a Comment